November’s the time of year when we’re focused on spending time with friends and family and thinking about all the things for which we’re grateful. If you’ve been invited to a loved one’s home for Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving, this year, don’t forget to show your gratitude with a hostess gift. At Nanz and Kraft Florist, serving Louisville and the surrounding areas, our professional florists and gift designers have compiled a list of thoughtful and creative gift ideas for any kind of host or hostess.
Find a Creative Gift for Your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving Host
It takes a lot of work to plan and prepare for a big meal like a Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving dinner — even if it’s a potluck. Bringing a host or hostess gift with you is the politest way of thanking your friend or family member for all their hard work, preparation, planning, and hospitality.
Friendsgiving’s similar to Thanksgiving, but reserve just for friends. It’s usually planned for either the Wednesday before or the Wednesday after Thanksgiving Day to make sure everyone’s in town. This nice dinner for friends is typically less formal than traditional Thanksgiving, so feel free to have fun when choosing your hostess gift.
Give Thanks Cornucopia
- A new game to play after dinner
- Fuzzy socks, like a hug for your friend’s feet
- A set of funny fridge magnets
- Kitschy oven mitts
- A cheerful floral arrangement inside a cornucopia to celebrate the season
- Bath bombs so your friend can relax after everyone’s gone home
- A new yoga matt to promote health during the holiday season
2. Thanksgiving with Your In-Laws
Whether you’ve known your in-laws for a long time or will be meeting your partner’s parents for the first time on Thanksgiving, you shouldn’t show up empty-handed. Show them your sincere gratitude for their hospitality and willingness to invite you into their home, family, and holiday traditions with a heartfelt, tasteful hostess gift.
Wonder of Autumn Centerpiece
- A show-stopping floral centerpiece with plenty of autumn accents
- An expensive bottle of wine with wine charms, a new opener, or an aerator
- A stylish cheese or charcuterie board with cheese knives and markers
- A sleek essential oil diffuser with a seasonal scent
- Whiskey stones with a bottle of locally distilled spirits
- A pretty box of hand-crafted chocolates
- High-quality serving utensils that are always needed at Thanksgiving dinner
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
Show your parents and/or grandparents how nicely they raised you by bringing a hostess gift with you to your family’s Thanksgiving Day celebration. Choose something you think they’ll enjoy or a gift that will help the entire family make happy Thanksgiving memories.
- An activity for the kids, like a not-too-messy holiday craft project
- Hydrating hand soap to keep everyone healthy and soft
- Gourmet coffee to brew with dessert
- Sparkling cider, so everyone has a fancy drink for toasting
- A homemade pie in a festive, keepsake pie plate
- Decorative kitchen towels with turkeys, pumpkins, or holly to get a start on the next season
- New toys to keep the household pets occupied
Floral Arrangements and Potted Plants Are Always Winning Choices
If you’re still not sure about what to get for your hostess, we always recommend flowers or potted plants, as they’re appropriate for any recipient. We recommend getting flowers that are already trimmed and arranged, so your host doesn’t have to worry about trimming and finding a vase for a bouquet of freshly cut stems.
We welcome you to stop by a Nanz and Kraft Florist flower shop for personalized recommendations and further assistance selecting a hostess gift for Thanksgiving.