Every prom has a different theme, a different set of songs that are played and different friends and people falling in love that attend. The one universal thing between all prom nights is the corsage. Nothing is more symbolic of prom night than the corsage.
While there is a common etiquette, there are different ways to present a corsage and different means of making an impression. Below are 9 different tips that can help you make your best impression.
1) Make certain you know what color her dress is going to be and purchase a corsage that matches or contrasts well with the color.
2) Ask her if she would prefer a corsage of her wrist or if she would like the traditional style in which you pin to her dress.
3) Hold the corsage for her until you are ready to pin it on her dress or slide it over her hand. There is no reason to make her hold the corsage while you two wait for the ceremonial moment.
4) Make certain to bring a small camera just in case he family’s camera goes on the fritz. Pinning the corsage on her is a moment you want a photograph of as much as any other.
5) Make certain that either you or someone in your family picks up the corsage several hours before you are due to pick up your date. You want to be prepared for any mix-ups or mistakes just in case you need to make last minute arrangements
6) Keep the corsage in the refrigerator until you are ready to pick-up your date in order to keep it as fresh as possible.
7) Don’t take the corsage out of the box until you’re ready to pin it on her. Again, this helps keep it fresh.
8) Smile and look her in the eyes after you pin the corsage on her! You will be nervous, but you will enjoy the moment much more if you have a smile on your face and when you see one on hers! Additionally, it makes for better photos.
9) If she lives with her mom or step-mom, bring a flower for her as well. Every woman on Earth and in history feels beautiful when she’s given a flower and moms especially love to be remembered.
If you need help picking out your flowers for the big dance, feel free to call us at your local Louisville Flower Shop, Nanz & Kraft.